Today was quite a day. Here is a rundown:
1. I emailed my oncologist to see if he could get me an appointment in nephrology. He told me to just be persistent. One thing he said that was somewhat comforting is that it isn’t urgent to get in right away. Hopefully he is saying that based on the pathology report, and that he understands what it means. I have now given up on trying to get an appointment, and I am going to wait and see what happens.
2. Worked for boss #1 this morning. She had asked me to change my schedule around next week because she was going to be using the office on Monday when I usually work. So I told her I could come in Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Today I mentioned that I wouldn’t be there Monday and she seemed surprised. I told her that she asked me to switch days. She asked if I could come in Monday to at least do the newsletters and the bills and I said that I couldn’t come in between 9 and 5. She said “You can’t come in between 9 and 5? Why not?” To which I explained that she had asked me to switch days, and thus I had to rearrange my schedule with my other job, and I would be at the other job all day Monday.
3. While at work this morning, my sister called. I haven’t talked to her since February, and we were together at mother’s brunch last month. I thought it was an emergency, so I answered. She just wanted to tell me that she was so worried about me and thinking about me every day from my diagnosis to my surgery, and she didn’t visit me or call me because she knew I was probably having a lot of stress and that she would just increase my stress level. She was crying. I told her that I wasn’t expecting her to visit or call. I did tell her that I thought it was unusual that when I saw her last month at the brunch she didn’t ask how I am and after brunch she unfriended me from facebook. She said that she actually unfriended me before the brunch, and she didn’t know what to say to me so she said nothing.
4. During the conversation with my sister we talked about my aunt, good aunt, who had told me she would come down to visit me, and not only has she not come down after telling me at least three times when she would be here, I haven’t even heard from her in a few weeks. My sister told me that good aunt has nothing to do with her. They had a huge blowout over a ridiculous thing, and my aunt told her that she never wants to see or hear from her again, and as far as she is concerned my sister is not in her family anymore.
5. Tonight I went out to dinner with my husband and son, and I was telling them about my day. I said that I don’t have any family except my mother, and there must be something wrong with me that I can’t get along with anyone. My son asked if my family members all speak to each other, and I said no. He said, “Well then, it’s not you. It’s them.” Smart boy.
I don’t want to talk about the emotional part of all of this, because then I will have trouble talking about it in therapy. So those are the facts, and just the facts.